Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Homestead Chore #15 Making Homegrown Manure Tea (Fertilizer)

 
 
 
I have been wanting to do this for a long time. I finally got to it today. My herb plants are not looking as good as they should. I usually put the store bought *Miracle Grow* on them to liven them up. NOT this year! Today I am going to use what THE GOOD LORD has given me in HIS creation. It is cheap and VERY plentiful around here. It's AnnaBelle's manure.
 
I just filled an old pillowcase with dried manure and some not so dry. I then placed it in an old storage container and added water to it. (I tied off the pillow case so it would not fall in.) Now it has to *seep* for a few days in the HOT sun. The result will be an organic fertilizer that I can pour on my herbs or anything else I want to grow.
 
I can't wait to try it out on my Basil. It does not have that dark green foliage that it should have. It is a dull green. It doesn't seem to be growing all that good either.
 
I will try it out on Thursday and see what comes of it.
 
Have any of you tried this before? How did it work for you?
 
Blessings,
 
Amanda
Matthew 6:33
 
The Self Sufficient HomeAcre
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. This is a great idea! I can't wait to see if it works. I am assuming that by making a liquid you will avoid getting all the weeds that normally come up from using manure. Let us know how this works. God bless.

    ReplyDelete