Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Spring Time on Our Little Homestead

Wow! 3 posts in 2 days! I'm on a roll! Here are some pictures of the homestead. Everything is bloomed out and absolutely gorgeous! It's stormy here today but still a lovely day on the homestead. I know my garden is appreciating the rain ;-)

This is Luke. He is the only rooster we kept from the August batch. He is such a sweety! His favorite place to hang out is up front of the house. I thought he looked real fine in front of our azalea bush that bloomed this year. He's not at all hateful as the other roosters we have had. What a blessin'!


Hangin' out under the azalea bush.


With spring time comes the predators. This little varmint ate 2 of my hens in a single night. What a mess! So Noah set out the trap, for we knew he would be back for another meal the following evening.

He got his mouth hung up in the trap, hence the bloody mouth. Richard relocated him in the evening. 
Can't blame a critter for being hungry. That's the ONLY reason he wasn't shot on site!


Found this awesome old washstub at my favorite antique store. When an elderly lady saw me purchasing it, she set to reminiscing. 

She told me she remembered the days of washing bodies and clothes in those old tubs. She said she remembered the day that the electric washing machine was invented and what a blessin' it was to get it. I guess it just ought to make me appreciate the conveniences we have today even more!

Now its being used as a plant holder ;-)


Can't post a homestead picture without AnnaBelle. Here she is chillin' and makin' milk.


I've also been busy potting plants to go on my front porch. These purple wave petunias LOVE the heat as long as they stay watered. Now to keep the chickens away from them.

What's happening on your homestead?

Ain't GOD good?

Amanda <><

Song of Solomon 2:11-12

King James Version (KJV)
11 For, lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone;
12 The flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land;










1 comment:

  1. I am requesting prayer for my Hubby. He has been having trouble with urinary tract infection. His doctor sent him for a ct scan yesterday. The results shocked us. He has multiple masses on his liver, a large mass in his colon and a fistula that is connecting his colon to his bladder that should not be there. He is in the hospital now and they have done a biopsy on the liver. We are waiting for the results back from that and then they will determine a plan of action. We are holding on to the fact that the Lord is in control. We would so appreciate your prayers. God bless.

    ReplyDelete